about me






current obssessions

Prince of Tennis
Yugioh GX
Glass Mask
RP-ing as Kirihara
Playing w/ my pet Chihuahua




news




previous posts


archives by month


archives by anime


tagboard




anime blogs

11~15% suki
Angel's Anime Blog
Cinnamon Ass
david.anime
Hontou ni Taihen desu
itsumo anime blog
Kawaii tensai
Kuro's Little Blog
Lair of the Diclonius
life line by line
Lucy's Anime Journal
Matthew's Anime Blog
memento
Mina's Anime Blog
Momotato Daioh
nowhere
Sea Slugs! Anime Blog
Tempy
towards an ending world's tomorrow
yummy sushi pajamas


anime links

official sites

Bleach
Eye Shield 21
Glass Mask
Inuyasha
Mai HiME
Prince of Tennis
Samurai Champloo
Yugioh GX

fansites

janime
False Memories
Kokoro no Naka
Bleach 7
Bleach Society
Prince of Tennis Domain
Seigaku | Karupin.net
Crack Pot
Not Forgotten
Ear Tweak
Ranma Perfect Edition


my random poll

Because I'm a shameless Manjoume fangirl.

Favorite Manjoume episode?
Flame Wingman (ep 2)
VWXYZ (ep 4)
H2O (ep 12)
Manjoume Thunder (ep 24)
Armed Dragon (eps 25-6)
Ojama Delta Hurricane (ep 34)
Private Eye (ep 39)
Current results



results from last poll

How was the Prince of Tennis finale?:

More people liked it than I expected! XD I chose the last option of course, because Atobe is just... *purrrrrrs* ♥

  1. Great! I loved it! (35.94%)
  2. It was so-so (23.96%)
  3. Atobe shower was the only redeemer (21.35%)
  4. Horrible...I hated it(18.75%)
Total: 192 votes

[ previous poll results ]


what's in a name?

This is where I feature a character from an anime and explain their name meanings. If you'd like to request a name meaning, let me know! ^_^




Name: Yukimura Seiichi
Anime: Prince of Tennis

Meaning:

Yukimura is a wonderful character that has lots of potential... His name is quite fitting to his character as well. "Yuki" is the kanji for peace or happiness, and "mura" means village. I think this reflects the serenity of his nature very well.

The more interesting part about his name is the fact that it stems from the historic Japanese war hero, Sanada Yukimura. A brilliant tactician and expert in the art of war, he almost led a successful campaign against the then-shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. He is ultimately betrayed and meets a tragic end. I think it's interesting indeed, that the powerhouse tennis team Rikkaidai's Captain (Yukimura) and Vice Captain (Sanada) are named after this true life hero.

"Sei" means soul or life force. This of course, speaks to Yukimura's passionate feelings toward tennis, and his incredible will to overcome his suffering to become greater than he is. Ichi is a common ending for a boy's name.

[ previous name meanings ]


jpop rotation

rules:
1. Sampling purposes only. Please delete after 24 hours.
2. Support the artists! Albums available at yes asia,
CD Japan & amazon



Artist: Hamasaki Ayumi
Song: STEP you

[[ hook me up ]]

This song is one of Ayu's more rock-type songs. It's one of her latest singles, just before Alterna and Fairyland.

As always, leave a comment if you download...altho nobody seems to, lol....

[ previous rotations ]


winamp skin


[[ download ]]

[ other skins by me ]




my manga collection
part 2



quote of the week



Follow me to the Nationals!

Atobe Keigo
Prince of Tennis


featured screencap



Prince of Tennis - ep 121


user poll

What do you read when you come to my blog? (check all that apply)
Yugioh GX
Prince of Tennis
Mai HiME
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Current results



calendar




credits

may*star
blogger
haloscan


you are visitor #




spread the love


Friday, January 07, 2005

* Jpop Rotation *

Previous Jpop Rotations

athena's notes:

I just thought I'd keep an archive of what I've featured on my jpop rotations. I really love Japanese pop music, and it's really all I've been listening to these days! I think anime music is particularly good, and some of my favorite songs are themes from anime.

My favorite jpop artists are Hamasaki Ayumi and Gackt, but I'm always looking for new artists to listen to. I own all the CD's that I feature here (well, except for Dream Believer, which isn't out yet, obviously), and I want to share my favorite songs so my visitors can enjoy them too. If you like what you hear, do purchase their CD's...they're worth it! ^_^

Please leave a comment if you wish to have something uploaded.


~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~




Artist: KOTOKO
Song: Re-sublimity
Kannaduki no Miko OP theme

OMG, I love this song. I could listen to this catchy beat forever!


~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~



Artist: Buzy
Song: Venus Say
Twin Spica OP theme

Wow...I've loved this song since the first time I heard it. It's the OP theme of a very sweet little series called Twin Spica (which I still need to watch the rest of...) It's really catchy!



~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~



Artist: MINMI
Song: Song of Four Seasons
Samurai Champloo ED theme

What can I say, the ending theme to Samurai Champloo is mellow, cool, and just plain good. Get it. You'll love it. Heh.



~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~



Artist: Hamasaki Ayumi
Song: Dearest
Album: A Ballads

Ah, probably one of my favorite Ayu songs ever! Of course, this is also one of the Inuyasha ending themes. But I'm proud to say that I knew this song before I ever found out it was an anime theme, lol... I love Ayu! You'll find this song on many of her albums. A Ballads is very good...I'd recommend it to any Ayu fan!



~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~


Artist: Hamasaki Ayumi
Song: Connected
Album: I am...

This is a dance-friendly song, and I love the beat! Of course, most anything by this artist I like very much. This is one song guaranteed to get you off your feet!



~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~



Artist: Yun Son Ha
Song: Kimi no tame ni
Album: Mouichido Kiss OST

This song is from the lovely J-drama "Mouichido Kiss," a story about a young painist / composer (Ayumu), who falls in love with a Korean pop star (Reika). "Kimi no tame ni" ("For you") was the song that he composed for her in the story. This is a beautiful song...very quiet and pretty. It is performed by the Korean actress who played Reika in the story. ^_^



~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~



Venus Wars ED theme

Ok, this song is so hard to find, I don't even know what it's called. ^_^;; It's the fast ED theme to Venus Wars, a great anime movie about motorbike racers and a war they get pulled into on their home planet Venus. Awesome song. It makes you wanna get on a motorbike yourself and go race around! Lol... Like I said, hard to find, so get it here while you can! ^_~



~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~



Artist: bird
Song: Oasis
Album: Mind Travel

This song has a really funky, catchy beat that I really like. This is the album version, so it's the faster version. Bird doesn't seem to get as much attention as she should - she's mostly an R&B type singer, and she's really talented. Check it out!



~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~



Artist: Amuro Namie
Song: Never End
Album: Break the rules

I've always loved Amuro Namie's voice. This is one of the first songs I really liked by her. Of course, most people probably know her theme from nuyasha, "Come." Pretty voice, yeah?



~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~



Artist: Mazaki Shuu (?)
Song: Dream Believer (TV size)
Album release date: 3/24/05

This is the TV size version of the new Prince of Tennis OP theme! I put a question mark next to the artist's name, because I can never be certain how names are read, as they can be read in many different ways. ^_^;; Anyways, this is a great song, and I can't wait until the single is released next month!



~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~



Artist: Hamasaki Ayumi
Song: Moments
Album: My Story

From Ayu's latest album! I have so many of her albums, but I never seem to tire of her music. This latest song I fell in love with after hearing it on the annual end-of-year shindig, Kouhaku Song Festival. It's very pretty. Let me know what you think? ^_^



~~~~~ * ~~~~~ * ~~~~~



Artist: m-flo
Song: How do you like me now?
Album: Expo Expo

Fans of the new Bleach ED theme might like this j-rap song. It's pretty catchy, and I still think it's amazing how they switch back and forth from English to Japanese like it's nothing. I especially love the line, "I get around like sushi on a kaiten!"

Posted by athena at |1:05 AM| |

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com