about me






current obssessions

Prince of Tennis
Yugioh GX
Glass Mask
RP-ing as Kirihara
Playing w/ my pet Chihuahua




news




previous posts


archives by month


archives by anime


tagboard




anime blogs

11~15% suki
Angel's Anime Blog
Cinnamon Ass
david.anime
Hontou ni Taihen desu
itsumo anime blog
Kawaii tensai
Kuro's Little Blog
Lair of the Diclonius
life line by line
Lucy's Anime Journal
Matthew's Anime Blog
memento
Mina's Anime Blog
Momotato Daioh
nowhere
Sea Slugs! Anime Blog
Tempy
towards an ending world's tomorrow
yummy sushi pajamas


anime links

official sites

Bleach
Eye Shield 21
Glass Mask
Inuyasha
Mai HiME
Prince of Tennis
Samurai Champloo
Yugioh GX

fansites

janime
False Memories
Kokoro no Naka
Bleach 7
Bleach Society
Prince of Tennis Domain
Seigaku | Karupin.net
Crack Pot
Not Forgotten
Ear Tweak
Ranma Perfect Edition


my random poll

Because I'm a shameless Manjoume fangirl.

Favorite Manjoume episode?
Flame Wingman (ep 2)
VWXYZ (ep 4)
H2O (ep 12)
Manjoume Thunder (ep 24)
Armed Dragon (eps 25-6)
Ojama Delta Hurricane (ep 34)
Private Eye (ep 39)
Current results



results from last poll

How was the Prince of Tennis finale?:

More people liked it than I expected! XD I chose the last option of course, because Atobe is just... *purrrrrrs* ♥

  1. Great! I loved it! (35.94%)
  2. It was so-so (23.96%)
  3. Atobe shower was the only redeemer (21.35%)
  4. Horrible...I hated it(18.75%)
Total: 192 votes

[ previous poll results ]


what's in a name?

This is where I feature a character from an anime and explain their name meanings. If you'd like to request a name meaning, let me know! ^_^




Name: Yukimura Seiichi
Anime: Prince of Tennis

Meaning:

Yukimura is a wonderful character that has lots of potential... His name is quite fitting to his character as well. "Yuki" is the kanji for peace or happiness, and "mura" means village. I think this reflects the serenity of his nature very well.

The more interesting part about his name is the fact that it stems from the historic Japanese war hero, Sanada Yukimura. A brilliant tactician and expert in the art of war, he almost led a successful campaign against the then-shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. He is ultimately betrayed and meets a tragic end. I think it's interesting indeed, that the powerhouse tennis team Rikkaidai's Captain (Yukimura) and Vice Captain (Sanada) are named after this true life hero.

"Sei" means soul or life force. This of course, speaks to Yukimura's passionate feelings toward tennis, and his incredible will to overcome his suffering to become greater than he is. Ichi is a common ending for a boy's name.

[ previous name meanings ]


jpop rotation

rules:
1. Sampling purposes only. Please delete after 24 hours.
2. Support the artists! Albums available at yes asia,
CD Japan & amazon



Artist: Hamasaki Ayumi
Song: STEP you

[[ hook me up ]]

This song is one of Ayu's more rock-type songs. It's one of her latest singles, just before Alterna and Fairyland.

As always, leave a comment if you download...altho nobody seems to, lol....

[ previous rotations ]


winamp skin


[[ download ]]

[ other skins by me ]




my manga collection
part 2



quote of the week



Follow me to the Nationals!

Atobe Keigo
Prince of Tennis


featured screencap



Prince of Tennis - ep 121


user poll

What do you read when you come to my blog? (check all that apply)
Yugioh GX
Prince of Tennis
Mai HiME
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Current results



calendar




credits

may*star
blogger
haloscan


you are visitor #




spread the love


Thursday, January 06, 2005

* Mai HiME *



~~~ Mai HiME ~~~

athena's entries for Mai HiME:
Ep 15: The High School Girl who Soars the Heavens
Ep 16: Parade
Ep 17: Lips that Lie
Ep 18: Beginning
Ep 19: Maze of the Heart
Ep 20: Mai's Flames, Destiny's Tears
Ep 24: Love is a Battle

about:
Airs on Thursdays
Total episodes: 26 (?)
Official website
RAWs at l33t
RAWs at Saiyaman

This new series is not your typical bishoujo with superpowers anime. Although it started out quite benign and almost cute, there was always some kind of serious undertone, and the story indeed took quite the sinister turn around episode 17.

The story focuses on Takiha Mai, a young high school girl who's just transferred to a private school in order to take advantage of a scholarship and to take care of her younger brother Takumi, who has a heart condition. She works part time in order to save money for Takumi's surgery, as he waits for a donor to become available. On top of all her personal problems, she must deal with new issues which began to take root soon after arriving at her school - she has discovered that she has powers of a HiME (which stands of Highly Advanced Materializing Equipment). HiME have the ability to materialize weapons, and can borrow the strength of their Child, a large mechanical animal-like monster that serves as their guardian. The HiME have much at stake, for when a HiME's Child is destroyed, the person whom the HiME loves the most will die.

There are 12 HiME altogether...and as I mentioned earlier, the new turn of events involves a battle between these HiME. The fate of the world depends upon one HiME surviving the fighting to reign supreme over all, and expel an evil star that's about to decend upon their world.

Pretty surreal stuff. But the animation and music is absolutely wonderful!

athena's notes:
I started out loving this series, mainly because I was stunned by the beauty of it, and the concept was really intriguing to me. I also liked the characters a lot, as they seemed so vivid, with lots of typical school-hood charm.

However, after the series became "HiMElander" in the words of mentar, I feel like I've begun to watch a whole new series altogether. I don't mind the new Mai HiME, but I miss old times, when things seemed to make sense, and my favorite characters hadn't been killed off yet. In addition, I was disappointed with how some of the characters turned out (e.g. Mai, Tate) in the recent episodes. I started out really liking their personalities, but now I don't really care about them. Which might explain my tone in my recent posts on this series. Please excuse me if I offend any fans. ^_^;;

Be sure to visit the other blogs I mention below, who do extensive analyses and screencaps of this series.

other bloggers of Mai HiME:
life line by line
memento
Momotato Daioh
Matthew's Anime Blog (archives)


~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~

Posted by athena at |5:00 PM| |

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com