about me






current obssessions

Prince of Tennis
Yugioh GX
Glass Mask
RP-ing as Kirihara
Playing w/ my pet Chihuahua




news




previous posts


archives by month


archives by anime


tagboard




anime blogs

11~15% suki
Angel's Anime Blog
Cinnamon Ass
david.anime
Hontou ni Taihen desu
itsumo anime blog
Kawaii tensai
Kuro's Little Blog
Lair of the Diclonius
life line by line
Lucy's Anime Journal
Matthew's Anime Blog
memento
Mina's Anime Blog
Momotato Daioh
nowhere
Sea Slugs! Anime Blog
Tempy
towards an ending world's tomorrow
yummy sushi pajamas


anime links

official sites

Bleach
Eye Shield 21
Glass Mask
Inuyasha
Mai HiME
Prince of Tennis
Samurai Champloo
Yugioh GX

fansites

janime
False Memories
Kokoro no Naka
Bleach 7
Bleach Society
Prince of Tennis Domain
Seigaku | Karupin.net
Crack Pot
Not Forgotten
Ear Tweak
Ranma Perfect Edition


my random poll

Because I'm a shameless Manjoume fangirl.

Favorite Manjoume episode?
Flame Wingman (ep 2)
VWXYZ (ep 4)
H2O (ep 12)
Manjoume Thunder (ep 24)
Armed Dragon (eps 25-6)
Ojama Delta Hurricane (ep 34)
Private Eye (ep 39)
Current results



results from last poll

How was the Prince of Tennis finale?:

More people liked it than I expected! XD I chose the last option of course, because Atobe is just... *purrrrrrs* ♥

  1. Great! I loved it! (35.94%)
  2. It was so-so (23.96%)
  3. Atobe shower was the only redeemer (21.35%)
  4. Horrible...I hated it(18.75%)
Total: 192 votes

[ previous poll results ]


what's in a name?

This is where I feature a character from an anime and explain their name meanings. If you'd like to request a name meaning, let me know! ^_^




Name: Yukimura Seiichi
Anime: Prince of Tennis

Meaning:

Yukimura is a wonderful character that has lots of potential... His name is quite fitting to his character as well. "Yuki" is the kanji for peace or happiness, and "mura" means village. I think this reflects the serenity of his nature very well.

The more interesting part about his name is the fact that it stems from the historic Japanese war hero, Sanada Yukimura. A brilliant tactician and expert in the art of war, he almost led a successful campaign against the then-shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. He is ultimately betrayed and meets a tragic end. I think it's interesting indeed, that the powerhouse tennis team Rikkaidai's Captain (Yukimura) and Vice Captain (Sanada) are named after this true life hero.

"Sei" means soul or life force. This of course, speaks to Yukimura's passionate feelings toward tennis, and his incredible will to overcome his suffering to become greater than he is. Ichi is a common ending for a boy's name.

[ previous name meanings ]


jpop rotation

rules:
1. Sampling purposes only. Please delete after 24 hours.
2. Support the artists! Albums available at yes asia,
CD Japan & amazon



Artist: Hamasaki Ayumi
Song: STEP you

[[ hook me up ]]

This song is one of Ayu's more rock-type songs. It's one of her latest singles, just before Alterna and Fairyland.

As always, leave a comment if you download...altho nobody seems to, lol....

[ previous rotations ]


winamp skin


[[ download ]]

[ other skins by me ]




my manga collection
part 2



quote of the week



Follow me to the Nationals!

Atobe Keigo
Prince of Tennis


featured screencap



Prince of Tennis - ep 121


user poll

What do you read when you come to my blog? (check all that apply)
Yugioh GX
Prince of Tennis
Mai HiME
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Current results



calendar




credits

may*star
blogger
haloscan


you are visitor #




spread the love


Thursday, January 06, 2005

* Prince of Tennis *



~~~ Prince of Tennis ~~~

athena's entries for Prince of Tennis:
Ep 162: Memories of the Golden Pair
Ep 163: Kaidoh's Unknown World
Ep 165 (pt 1): Tenipuri Family Goes to Hawaii??
Ep 165 (pt 2): The Tenipuri Family Christmas

Ep 166: Seigaku's Speciality, Once Again
Ep 167: Eternal Rivals! Momoshiro vs Kaidoh
Ep 168-69: Ryoma's Decision, Wavering Feelings
Ep 170: Burn, Echizen!
Ep 171: To My Dear Friend
Ep 172: Goodbye, Seigaku
Ep 173: Samurai New York
Ep 174: Tezuka Kunimitsu vs. Fuji Shusuke
Ep 175: The Third Year's True Heart
Ep 176: Climax
Ep 177: The Unforgettable Promise
Ep 178: Farewell, My Prince (Finale)


character analysis & profile
Atobe Keigo
Fuji Shusuke
Kirihara Akaya

name meaning
Fuji Shusuke
Oshitari Yuushi


song lyrics
Shinjitsu (Yukimura Seiichi single)
Since Last Goodbye (Tezuka Kunimitsu single)

other
Dialects in Anime
Band of Princes: Music Video
My favorite fanart sites

about:
Airs on Wednesdays
Total episodes: 178
Official website
RAWs at l33t
RAWs at Saiyaman

This extremely popular series on junior high school tennis is relatively long-running, with over 170 episodes so far. The story focues on Echizen Ryoma (AKA the Prince of Tennis) and his Seigaku junior high tennis team's quest for Nationals glory.

The young tennis prodigy is the son of Echizen Nanjirou, a former professional tennis player, who taught Ryoma everything he knows. Ryoma has overcome being a mere "copy" of his father's tennis, and has grown into an extremely capable player. He is ambidextrous like his father, but his dominant hand is his left hand. Although his key moves include his Twist Serve, Drive B and Cyclone Smash, he is able to take in his opponents' moves as well - as he demonstrated in his match against Rikkaidai junior high's Vice Captain, Sanada.

Rumors have it that the animated series will be coming to a close at episode 178. This has not yet been confirmed, but if true, then the anime will stop short of the Nationals tournament, just as Seigaku is finalizing its regular members through their monthly ranking matches. Meanwhile, Ryoma has been invited to participate in the US Open, and has just left Japan to pursue his dreams...



athena's notes:
I fell in love with this series relatively late in the game. Mainly, I was curious because I wanted to hear Tsuda Kenjirou's voice again (he's the lovely voice behind Kaiba Seto...and he plays Inui in Prince of Tennis). I watched episode 165, a chibi Xmas special, and thought it was so funny, I had to see what this series was about. I also received some of the manga for Xmas, and it's got me hooked ever since! I haven't read all the manga yet or seen every anime episode, so I may seem uninformed at times. But I feel I've got a good grasp of this series so far. In any case, it's become my main focus now for this blog, right behind Yugioh GX!

This series obviously begs to have its share of fangirls, which isn't surprising considering the number of great male characters it features! My favorite character is Atobe, the captain of Hyoutei tennis. But I'm also quite partial to the Fuji brothers, Kaidoh, and of course, Ryoma. I will try to keep my fangirlisms to a minimum. ^_~

Even if this series ends at 178, I hope to keep updating with other stuff - the manga, if I get the most recent issue - and maybe excerpts from the fanbook. I'll be willing to take requests.

other bloggers of Prince of Tennis:
Lucy's Anime Journal
tokyo jupiter (archives)

~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~


Posted by athena at |4:55 PM| |

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com