about me






current obssessions

Prince of Tennis
Yugioh GX
Glass Mask
RP-ing as Kirihara
Playing w/ my pet Chihuahua




news




previous posts


archives by month


archives by anime


tagboard




anime blogs

11~15% suki
Angel's Anime Blog
Cinnamon Ass
david.anime
Hontou ni Taihen desu
itsumo anime blog
Kawaii tensai
Kuro's Little Blog
Lair of the Diclonius
life line by line
Lucy's Anime Journal
Matthew's Anime Blog
memento
Mina's Anime Blog
Momotato Daioh
nowhere
Sea Slugs! Anime Blog
Tempy
towards an ending world's tomorrow
yummy sushi pajamas


anime links

official sites

Bleach
Eye Shield 21
Glass Mask
Inuyasha
Mai HiME
Prince of Tennis
Samurai Champloo
Yugioh GX

fansites

janime
False Memories
Kokoro no Naka
Bleach 7
Bleach Society
Prince of Tennis Domain
Seigaku | Karupin.net
Crack Pot
Not Forgotten
Ear Tweak
Ranma Perfect Edition


my random poll

Because I'm a shameless Manjoume fangirl.

Favorite Manjoume episode?
Flame Wingman (ep 2)
VWXYZ (ep 4)
H2O (ep 12)
Manjoume Thunder (ep 24)
Armed Dragon (eps 25-6)
Ojama Delta Hurricane (ep 34)
Private Eye (ep 39)
Current results



results from last poll

How was the Prince of Tennis finale?:

More people liked it than I expected! XD I chose the last option of course, because Atobe is just... *purrrrrrs* ♥

  1. Great! I loved it! (35.94%)
  2. It was so-so (23.96%)
  3. Atobe shower was the only redeemer (21.35%)
  4. Horrible...I hated it(18.75%)
Total: 192 votes

[ previous poll results ]


what's in a name?

This is where I feature a character from an anime and explain their name meanings. If you'd like to request a name meaning, let me know! ^_^




Name: Yukimura Seiichi
Anime: Prince of Tennis

Meaning:

Yukimura is a wonderful character that has lots of potential... His name is quite fitting to his character as well. "Yuki" is the kanji for peace or happiness, and "mura" means village. I think this reflects the serenity of his nature very well.

The more interesting part about his name is the fact that it stems from the historic Japanese war hero, Sanada Yukimura. A brilliant tactician and expert in the art of war, he almost led a successful campaign against the then-shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. He is ultimately betrayed and meets a tragic end. I think it's interesting indeed, that the powerhouse tennis team Rikkaidai's Captain (Yukimura) and Vice Captain (Sanada) are named after this true life hero.

"Sei" means soul or life force. This of course, speaks to Yukimura's passionate feelings toward tennis, and his incredible will to overcome his suffering to become greater than he is. Ichi is a common ending for a boy's name.

[ previous name meanings ]


jpop rotation

rules:
1. Sampling purposes only. Please delete after 24 hours.
2. Support the artists! Albums available at yes asia,
CD Japan & amazon



Artist: Hamasaki Ayumi
Song: STEP you

[[ hook me up ]]

This song is one of Ayu's more rock-type songs. It's one of her latest singles, just before Alterna and Fairyland.

As always, leave a comment if you download...altho nobody seems to, lol....

[ previous rotations ]


winamp skin


[[ download ]]

[ other skins by me ]




my manga collection
part 2



quote of the week



Follow me to the Nationals!

Atobe Keigo
Prince of Tennis


featured screencap



Prince of Tennis - ep 121


user poll

What do you read when you come to my blog? (check all that apply)
Yugioh GX
Prince of Tennis
Mai HiME
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Current results



calendar




credits

may*star
blogger
haloscan


you are visitor #




spread the love


Tuesday, February 01, 2005

* Bleach 17 *

Run, Ichigo!! An unseen attack...
Look at me...Rukia!! I shall never forgive you

Bleach Ep 17: Ichigo, Dies!

One word to describe this episode: wow. Perhaps it's extra exciting for me because I haven't read the manga like most fans I come across, so it's all new to me. I'm loving what's happening! This was one stellar episode, though the animation of the characters seemed a little rough around the edges at times. I thought the scenes were really beautifully done, however, and I especially adored the background music as Rukia was being taken away to the Soul Society. Rukia's VA was amazing in this episode! Lots of emotion, and very well done. You must see this episode...it's a great preview of what's to come, I'm sure.

****

The story opens where we left off last week, with Abarai Renji ripping his Zanpakutou (Zabimaru) through Ichigo's shoulder. His sword has transformed into this jagged thing that stretches. He explains that one's Zanpakutou represents that person's spiritual energy. He scoffs at the prospect of being beaten by a kid who doesn't even know the name of his Zanpakutou. Renji raises his weapon to deal the final blow. Rukia races forward and jumps at Renji, grabbing his arm. "Run, Ichigo! Please!" she screams. Ichigo slowly reaches out and grabs his sword...

Renji: "You still have the strength to move..? Well that's fine...it's no fun to just finish someone who's about to die."

But it's Renji that's about to be surprised - all the sudden, a gust of wind blows through...an aura escapes from Ichigo's sword...it seems his true strength is being released. Ichigo jumps forward and slashes Renji. He's moving at super human speed, and crashes down on Renji's head.

Renji: "What the hell? Where does he get this sudden strength??"

Ichigo: "What's going on? You seem to have gotten slower. I don't know what's going on, but man, I feel GOOD! I don't feel any pain! And I don't feel like I'm gonna lose to you either!"

Ichigo dives forward with his sword, and is about to slice down on Renji, when all the sudden... Ichigo looks down, and the blade of his sword has disappeared. He turns around, confused, and sees that Byakuya has the blade in his hand. ("Him? No...how could he do that from over there?") Byakuya moves forward toward Ichigo, and suddenly, Ichigo falls over, blood gushing out.

"What is this...? Have I been stabbed? I can't tell...if I've been stabbed from the front..or back...It hurts..."

Renji stands there stunned, thinking that it's been a while since he's seen Byakuya's moves. He notes that he barely got a glimpse of the second blow, and that he didn't even see him when he took his sword out for the first one. Renji tells Byakuya he could've finished the kid off himself, and that the captain need not have done anything.

"Don't say that," Byakuya replies, "If I stand and watch all the time, my skills will deteriorate."

"Ichigo!" Rukia rushes forward to him. Renji stops her, telling her it's no use..he's dead. That just by touching him now, her punishment will be increased by 20 years. Rukia struggles, saying it's her responsibility for bringing him into this mess, that it's her fault he's died...the least she could do is to go to him now.

"Even if it means your punishment will be greater, you are saying you must go to this child's side?" Byakuya says.

"Niisan..."

"I understand, Rukia...this child...he resembles him...," Byakuya replies. (Him? wonder who he's referring to...Hm...)

Ichigo grabs at Byakuya's hakama... "So I'm dead? I resemble somebody? Don't be talking about me like I'm not even here."

Byakuya: "Let go."

Ichigo: "I can't hear you...turn around and talk to me."

Byakuya: "Is that so...it seems you don't want that arm.."

Rukia rushes forward and kicks Ichigo's hand away. "A human like you...should dare not touch my brother! Know your place, kid!" (Scenes from her times with Ichigo flashback through her mind...) Ichigo looks up, confused (hurt?). "Let's go, my brother. With this one's actions just now, I have finally come to my senses. Let us go...to the Soul Society. I will atone for my sins."

"Wait...what are you talking about? Rukia...you!" Ichigo struggles to get up..

Rukia says there is no need to finish Ichigo now...that regardless, he will die soon anyways. She starts to walk away...

"Wait, Rukia! What kind of joke is this? Look at me! Hey!!"

"Don't move! Don't you move from there! Don't come after me...if you do...I shall never forgive you!!" She turns around, and her eyes are brimming with tears.

"Fine...I will not finish him," Byakuya says, taking his hand from his sword. "He shall die soon anyways. Even if he doesn't, he will lose all his powers. Much less the powers of a soul reaper, he will not have any spiritual energy left at all."

Renji uses his sword to open up the gates to the Soul Society, and the three of them walk through... Rukia and Ichigo's eyes meet one last time before she disappears...

Ichigo despairs...

It begins to rain. Urahara shows up just as Ichigo blacks out.

When Ichigo comes to, he's at Urahara's, and the bearded guy that works for Urahara is laying on top of him, much to his shock. (Guess he was keeping him warm, but it was kinda freaky..lol) "What the hell??" he kicks hims off.

Urahara comes in, and rebukes him for moving around too much. Ichigo asks about Ishida. Urahara explains that he was able to heal Ishida, and he's gone home already. But it looks like Ishida was a little worried about Ichigo (much to Ichigo's surprise). And Ishida also said he was hoping Ichigo would get better soon...for he is the only one who can save Rukia now.

Ichigo goes into a fit, screaming that he can't save her now. Urahara says there's a way to go to the Soul Society to get her back...

Urahara offers to help Ichigo, saying he will train him for 10 days, so he can be strong enough to face them over at the Soul Society. Ichigo rages that 10 days is too long...that Rukia might be killed any day now. But Urahara says they have a month yet before she would be executed. Urahara tells him he purposefully allowed Ichigo to face the soul reapers that day so he could experience first hand the difference in strength. Going over there in his current state would be suicide. "Going over there to save Rukia? Heh...don't use other people as an excuse to die," Urahara says. "You may be no match for them now, but with training..."

"10 days of training...7 days to open the gates to Soul Society...and once there, 12 days. We have plenty of time."

And so Ichigo agrees to undergo Urahara's teachings...

Rating:Holy cr*p this was a great episode!!

Next Week: Take it Back! The Powers of a Soul Reaper!

Posted by athena at |10:02 PM| |

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com